Well we had another successful engine class this year. We had 15 engines stripped down to the block and they all went back together and ran. There were some electrical challenges and some mechanical challenges but we survived. We were happy to get RPM out of the 9.0L Tier 3 engines and we have to thank Clark for the dedication of a few weeks of spare time for that.. We took a couple scrap engines and made a running project out of them. This whole process took place while we were moving out of half the building to make room for the remodel project. I appreciate all the extra help and I hope you had fun. I did!
This picture shows what the shop looked like one month before the end of class and they all ran.
This engine had a couple rods with a little issue that got Jake and Dalton into a bit of a scramble at the end of the class. It also had a couple injectors that were not functioning. After a couple rounds they won the battle and it ran good.
Matt and Caleb's engine had a Bosch electronically controlled pump and we didn't have a controller to make it run. We had a tired 6.8L excavator engine with a mechanical Denso inline "A" pump so we took the fuel system from the excavator engine and a few other pieces to make it run. The process had a few challenges but now it sounds good.