Sunday, May 22, 2011

Racing!

We had the opportunity to do a little recruiting at the Iowa Speedway at Newton today. It was an Iowa John Deere Dealers sponsored race. I talked Lori into going along so we left home at 4:15am to get there before the fans. We talked to a lot of people and gave out more foam antler visors than I care to remember. There were several former students stopped into chat and that is always fun. At noon we got ready for the race and we had awesome seats. We were in the second row near the finish line. We were so close there were rubber particles flying at us when the cars went by. Rodney was looking out for us and sent along headphones/hearing protection or we would be deaf by now. The second lap Lori looked at me and said "This looks like fun but I want to be driving." At the end of the day we decided that we drove 150 miles farther the drivers and it took us three times as long. I took a little video to help you get the picture.